Serinus spuds Sabira probe

Tunisia targets: Serinus spuds Sabria well

Calgary’s Serinus Energy and state player Entreprise Tunisienne D'Activites Petrolieres (ETAP) have started drilling a two-well development programme at their Sabira oilfield onshore central Tunisia.

The Toronto-listed explorer said WIN-12bis would be drilled to a total depth of 3900 metres over the next 63 days in the eastern portion of the four-well oilfield, with the Winstar-13 well to follow afterwards.

Discovered in 1979, the Sabria field holds 280 million barrels of oil in reserves and 67 million barrels of contingent resources in naturally-fractured Ordovician sandstones.

Sabria is 45% owned and operated by Winstar Tunisia, which was acquired by Serinus Energy last year, while ETAP holds the other 55%.

Formerly known as Kulczyk Oil Ventures, Serinus Energy’s largest shareholder is Polish oligarch Jan Kulczyk.

The company gained a $60 million kitty for its Tunisian programme late last year from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.

Newsletter signup

User

Become an Upstream member!

Membership includes a subscription to our weekly newspaper providing in-depth news from the energy industry, plus full-access to this site and its archives. Still not convinced? Try our free trial.

Already a member?

Login