Elliston-2: Drilling underway
Cooper posts record numbers
22 July 2014 12:44 GMT
Beach strikes out in Cooper
16 July 2014 02:41 GMT
Beach gets going at Shelly-1
08 July 2014 07:15 GMT
23 July 2014 03:13 GMT
Joint venture partner Cooper Energy announced the Elliston-2 spudded in PPL 249 on the western flank of the basin.
The oil development well is southwest of the Elliston-1 well and is designed to drill to a depth of about 1655 metres.
It is expected to take about one week to complete.
Beach is the operator of the well and holds a 75% interest in the permit, while Cooper holds the other 25%.
The Australian duo had a shocking drilling campaign in PEL 92 with all three wells coming up dry.
The Shelly-1, Morgan-1 and Fishery-1 wells were found to be shy of commercial.
Your message has been sent
E-mail this to a friend.
Membership includes a subscription to our weekly newspaper providing in-depth news from the energy industry, plus full-access to this site and its archives. Still not convinced? Try our free trial.
Already a member?
News from other NHST publications
All material published in the newspaper and on upstreamonline.com are Upstream's copyrighted material. Redistribution of any kind without a prior written permission of Upstream (including but not restricted to, redistribution by e-mail, publishing in part on your company's Intranet and publishing on Internet) of any material published by Upstream, will violate Upstream's copyright, and is prohibited by law. You may, however, download material from Upstream for your own personal use.
To protect your subscription investment, we've instituted a security system to protect against the electronic redistribution of copyrighted Upstream Online content.