Inpex gets Abadi environmental permit

Japan's Inpex has received an environmental permit for its Abadi liquefied natural gas project in Indonesia.

Inpex said the Indonesian government granted it the permit based on its environmental and social impact assessment for the project which is currently being prepared for development using a floating LNG concept.

The Abadi LNG project lies in the Masela Block and Inpex currently plans to develop the field using a FLNG vessel with a capacity of 2.5 million tonnes per annum.

Inpex holds a 65% operated stake in the Masela Block, with Anglo-Dutch supermajor Shell holding the remaining 35% interest.

Newsletter signup

User

Become an Upstream member!

Membership includes a subscription to our weekly newspaper providing in-depth news from the energy industry, plus full-access to this site and its archives. Still not convinced? Try our free trial.

Already a member?

Login