NPD nod for Lundin's Lindarormen wildcat

Northern sights: Lundin eyes Lindarormen drill with Bredford Dolphin, above

The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Lundin Petroleum a well permit for the Swedish explorer’s planned wildcat in the Norwegian Sea targeting the Lindarormen prospect.

Lundin has already lined up the semi-submersible Bredford Dolphin to drill the 6405/12-1 probe in production licence 584, which it operates on a 60% stake with partner Bayerngas of Germany holding the remaining 40%.

The probe is set to spud once the rig has completed the Luno 2 North well, expected sometime next month.

The Swedish explorer is rebooting its exploration efforts in the Norwegian Sea after earlier abortive wells at the Albert and Sverdrup prospects.

Lundin also has a further wildcat lined up this year at the Storm prospect in the northern North Sea, with total gross prospective resources of 232 million boe.

Newsletter signup

User

Become an Upstream member!

Membership includes a subscription to our weekly newspaper providing in-depth news from the energy industry, plus full-access to this site and its archives. Still not convinced? Try our free trial.

Already a member?

Login