Lundin petroleum chief executive Ashley Heppenstall.
Lundin 'in control' of field costs
05 February 2014 02:14 GMT
Profits plunge for Lundin
07 May 2014 05:40 GMT
Lundin forecasts steady production with rise next year
24 January 2014 12:00 GMT
09 June 2014 06:41 GMT
Lundin, which is operating the upstream portion of the project, announced that production start-up is now expected in the third quarter of 2014.
The FPSO located at the Shell-operated Pierce field has hit commissioning issues, despite the fact Lundin said the project was “progressing satisfactorily”.
The Brynhild field is a subsea tie-back to the Pierce field using the Haewene Brim FPSO owned and operated by Pierce Production.
A comprehensive modification programme has been carried out on the FPSO to prepare the vessel for the introduction of hydrocarbons from the field combined with existing Pierce field production.
Work included upgrading of topsides heaters, significant upgrades of metering systems, installation of upgraded subsea control system and replacement of the risers.
Because of the revised start-up date, Lundin’s production guidance for 2014 is expected to be between 25,000 and 30,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day.
Lundin chief executive Ashley Heppenstall said the company was disappointed and frustrated by the predicament.
“Nevertheless we remain confident regarding the productivity of the Brynhild reservoir and the project delays have had no impact on Brynhild reserves,” he said.
“The delay in first production has clearly impacted our 2014 production guidance but we still retain our production guidance for 2015 of approximately 50,000 bpd.”
Lundin holds operatorship and a 90% interest in PL148 where the Brynhild field is located. Talisman Energy holds the remaining 10%.
Your message has been sent
E-mail this to a friend.
Membership includes a subscription to our weekly newspaper providing in-depth news from the energy industry, plus full-access to this site and its archives. Still not convinced? Try our free trial.
Already a member?
News from other NHST publications
All material published in the newspaper and on upstreamonline.com are Upstream's copyrighted material. Redistribution of any kind without a prior written permission of Upstream (including but not restricted to, redistribution by e-mail, publishing in part on your company's Intranet and publishing on Internet) of any material published by Upstream, will violate Upstream's copyright, and is prohibited by law. You may, however, download material from Upstream for your own personal use.
To protect your subscription investment, we've instituted a security system to protect against the electronic redistribution of copyrighted Upstream Online content.