RH Petrogas kicks off Malaysian shoot

Malaysia: RH Petrogas has started a 2D seismic onshore Sarawak

Singaporean independent RH Petrogas has kicked off a 2D seismic shoot over a block onshore Sarawak, Malaysia.

The company revealed on Monday it had started the onshore seismic survey which will see it gather 550 line kilometres over Block SK331.

The aim of the 2D shoot is to further evaluate several leads already identified within the 11,600 square kilometre block and mature at least one of them into a prospective candidate for drilling.

The design and layout of the survey is based on the results of a 12,414 kilometre full tensor gradiometry survey which was carried out last year, as well as reprocessing of old seismic lines within the block

RH Petrogas expects to wrap up the seismic survey in November this year.

It holds an 80% operated interest in Block SK331 and is partnered by Malaysia’s state-owned oil company Petronas which holds the remaining 20% equity.

Newsletter signup

User

Become an Upstream member!

Membership includes a subscription to our weekly newspaper providing in-depth news from the energy industry, plus full-access to this site and its archives. Still not convinced? Try our free trial.

Already a member?

Login