A heavyweight partnership of Shell and Equinor has made headway on their next big oil project in the US Gulf of Mexico by zeroing in on a development concept.
- Discovered in 2012 by Cobalt International Energy;
- Located in Garden Banks area of US Gulf – GB blocks 915, 916, 958 and 959;
- Subsalt Paleogene reservoir at depth of 9100 metres;
- Equinor accessed 40% equity in 2018;
- TotalEnergies became operator at that time with 60% equity;
- TotalEnergies withdrew in February 2022;
- Shell acquired 51% in June 2022.