Turkey has reportedly decided to sever ties with Italy’s Eniover the company’s involvement in over its plans to explore for gas off Cyprus.

In an interview with CNN’s Turkish channel, energy ministerTaner Yildiz said: “We have decided not to work with Eni in Turkey, includingsuspending their ongoing projects.”

Turkey had repeatedly declared in the past that it would cutco-operation with companies that are involved in Cyprus, directly warning Eni notto deal with Nicosia last November.

Eni landed an 80% stake in three deep-water blocks in the Levantine basinoff Cyprus in January, with South Korea’s Kogas holding the remaining 20%.

Yildiz