- Caio Paes de Andrade nominated to replace Jose Mauro Coelho as chief executive of Petrobras, subject to board approval.
- Former German chancellor Gerhard Schroeder, German banker Matthias Warnig and former Austrian foreign minister Karen Kneissl have resigned from the board of Rosneft.
- Koos-Jan van Brouwershaven will step down as Heerema chief executive on 31 May.
- Hurricane Energy appointed Linda Janice Beal as an independent non-executive director.
- Applied Petroleum Technology has appointed Barry Bennett to head its UK operation.
- Nikos Tsafos appointed special adviser for energy security to Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis, with special responsibility for liaising with the US on LNG supply.
Andrade nominated in latest Petrobras chief executive switch
The week’s leading appointments in the oil and gas industry
Editor's note: US District Judge Mary Ann Vial Lemmon dismissed the litigation against the owners of Mariner Shipyard in April 2010.