Hong Kong-listed CNOOC Limited has started up ahead of schedule the Penglai 25-6 oilfield area 3 project off its native China.
In addition to fully utilising the existing processing facilities of the Penglai oilfields, this grassroots development includes a new wellhead platform. Fifty eight development wells are planned in total - 38 producers and 20 water injection wells.
The Penglai 25-6 oilfield area 3 project is expected to achieve peak output of approximately 11,511 barrels of crude per day in 2023.
The Penglai 25-6 oilfield area 3 project is located in the south central Bohai Sea, with average water depths of around 27 metres.
Gain valuable insight into the global oil and gas industry's energy transition from Accelerate, the new weekly newsletter from Upstream and Recharge. Sign up here
CNOOC Limited has a 51% operated interest in the Penglai 25-6 oilfield area 3 project, while subsidiaries of US independent ConocoPhillips hold the remaining 49% working interest.