French vessel owner Bourbon Offshore has confirmed the deaths of two more of its crew members lost at sea after the Bourbon Rhode vessels was hit by Hurricane Lorenzo.
Bourbon said on Tuesday the bodies of two seafarers were recovered at sea on Monday night and transferred to the French naval frigate Ventose.
Search operations were carried out by French authorities with the support of the US authorities, Bourbon said.
“Since the beginning of the operations on 26 September, ten commercial vessels have been mobilised in the area.
"Daily overflights are performed by a Falcon 50 of the French Navy, supported by a C 130 Hercules aircraft from the US Coast Guards.
"The Navy frigate, accompanied by its helicopter Panther, is at the heart of the system and coordinates the grid of nearly 40 search areas,” the company said.
On Monday, one other person was confirmed to have died.
Eight crew members remain missing following the sinking of a Bourbon Offshore vessel in the southern Atlantic.
Late last week, the vessel was in transit 1200 nautical miles off Martinique island and 60 nautical miles south-south east from the eye of Hurricane Lorenzo, a category four system.
At the time, Bourbon said the 14 crew members were facing water ingress in the rear of the vessel.
The Bourbon Rhode has since sunk.